- The SILKY F-180 is a lightweight and strong folding saw suitable for multiple tasks. It's constructed of a fiberglass polypropylene molded handle with a rubber insert to insure comfortable and sure grip. Available in two different teeth configurations, the large teeth model cuts quickly through branches and firewood, and the fine teeth option is great for carpentry projects as well as general pruning.
The F-180 can fit in your pocket or glove compartment with ease, and it's an ideal cost-effective all-round folding saw that is always ready for trail blazing, trimming, pruning, or carpentry.
- Large Teeth - 7.5 teeth per 30mm (6.4 teeth per inch)
- Fine Teeth - 14 teeth per 30mm (11.9 teeth per inch)
- Low effort triple edge, non-set tooth design
- Mirai-Me smooth cutting performance
- Impulse hardened teeth
- Hard chrome plated, taper ground blade
- Non-slip molded rubber handle that really sticks in your hands
- Exceptional strength and balance
- Superior finish quality
- Made in Japan
- Limited 12 month manufacturers warranty
- There are full replacement F180 handles, screw sets, stopper covers, and blades available. Click the spare part tab to be taken to the relevant product option.
F180 replacement handles
F180 replacement screw sets
F180 replacement stopper covers
F180 replacement blades
ABOUT TEETH SIZE
The guide below refers to the numbers of teeth per 30mm on the blade. Each Silky blade is defined as having "Extra Large Teeth" to "Extra Fine Teeth" and the icons below are designed to help you identify the teeth configuration of every saw in the Silky range.
Extra Large Teeth
Typically, this saw will be for use in forestry or heavy-duty arborist work. The teeth configuration will range between 3 and 7 teeth per 30mm and will give a very aggressive cut. In general you will be surprised by the smoothness of the cut.
A saw with large teeth will be ideal for use in heavy/medium pruning tasks, root cutting, and construction. The number of teeth will range between 7 and 8 teeth per 30mm. An aggressive and smooth cut will be achieved.
Ideal for pruning work or construction, a medium teeth configuration usually has 10 teeth per 30mm and will give a cleaner finish when compared to larger teeth saws.
These saws are likely to be used for gardening and woodworking, and a fine teeth configuration typically comprises of 13 to 20 teeth per 30mm and will achieve a clean finish.
Extra Fine Teeth
These saws will have very fine teeth ideal for woodworking and carpentry, and range between 20 and 32 teeth per 30mm, and a very smooth finish can be expected.