IBUKI - Professional
- The SILKY IBUKI is a truly professional heavy duty curved hand saw - Silky's alternative to the chain saw. And it's ideal for the toughest pruning jobs! Japanese for "Big Axe", Ibuki has big teeth. The large, comfortable hand grip provides excellent control over the full length of the saw. The heavy duty 390mm blade has 6.5 teeth per 30mm which are designed to cut on the pull stroke for fast, efficient cutting. Included with the saw is a sheath which features a belt strap as well as a ring attachment that allows attachment to a tree saddle using a carabiner. Most suitable for pruning large branches at lower and higher position. Ideal for aggressive cutting and efficient chip removal.
- Extra Large - 5.5 teeth per 30mm (4.7 teeth per inch)
- Low effort triple edge, non-set tooth design
- Mirai-Me smooth cutting performance
- Hard chrome plated, taper ground blade
- Ultra-strong one piece construction with a non-slip molded rubber handle that really sticks in your hands
- Heavy duty, durable and specially designed pivoting sheath for the curved blade with a detachable belt holder included
- Exceptional strength and balance
- Superior finish quality
- Made in Japan
- Limited 12 month manufacturers warranty
- There are full replacement Ibuki handles, screw sets, sheaths and blades available. Click the spare part tab to be taken to the relevant product option.
Ibuki replacement handles
Ibuki replacement screw sets
Ibuki replacement sheaths
Ibuki replacement blades
ABOUT TEETH SIZE
The guide below refers to the numbers of teeth per 30mm on the blade. Each Silky blade is defined as having "Extra Large Teeth" to "Extra Fine Teeth" and the icons below are designed to help you identify the teeth configuration of every saw in the Silky range.
Extra Large Teeth
Typically, this saw will be for use in forestry or heavy-duty arborist work. The teeth configuration will range between 3 and 7 teeth per 30mm and will give a very aggressive cut. In general you will be surprised by the smoothness of the cut.
A saw with large teeth will be ideal for use in heavy/medium pruning tasks, root cutting, and construction. The number of teeth will range between 7 and 8 teeth per 30mm. An aggressive and smooth cut will be achieved.
Ideal for pruning work or construction, a medium teeth configuration usually has 10 teeth per 30mm and will give a cleaner finish when compared to larger teeth saws.
These saws are likely to be used for gardening and woodworking, and a fine teeth configuration typically comprises of 13 to 20 teeth per 30mm and will achieve a clean finish.
Extra Fine Teeth
These saws will have very fine teeth ideal for woodworking and carpentry, and range between 20 and 32 teeth per 30mm, and a very smooth finish can be expected.