- The SILKY WOODBOY 240mm folding joinery saws give the user ultimate quality coupled with terrific features. The taper-ground chrome-plated reinforced blades allow a fluid, straight cut as the teeth are actually wider than the mirror polished blade.
The Woodboy comes in two types - Dozuki and Kataba. They are both simply fantastic and perfect for intricate joinery. They have two thumb release open positions; one for standard work, the other for tight spots or for kerfing dados. The blade folds into a sure-grip rubberized handle, making it easily portable while protecting the teeth.
The Dozuki has a hard back and comes in 32 teeth per 30mm. The Kataba has no hard back and comes in either 26 teeth or 32 teeth per 30mm.
Silky designed this saw for interior carpenters and other woodworkers needing a high quality tool for the job site.
- Dozuki - 32 teeth per 30mm (27.1 teeth per inch)
- Kataba - 26 teeth per 30mm (22 teeth per inch)
- Kataba - 32 teeth per 30mm (27.1 teeth per inch)
- Low effort triple edge, non-set tooth design
- Impulse hardened teeth
- Hard chrome plated, taper ground blade
- Ultra-strong one piece construction with a non-slip molded rubber handle that really sticks in your hands
- Heavy duty, durable and specially designed pivoting sheath for the curved blade with a detachable belt holder included
- Exceptional strength and balance
- Superior finish quality
- Made in Japan
- Limited 12 month manufacturers warranty
- There are full replacement Woodboy handles, screw sets, and blades available. Click the spare part tab to be taken to the relevant product option.
Woodboy replacement handles
Woodboy replacement screw sets
Woodboy replacement blades
ABOUT TEETH SIZE
The guide below refers to the numbers of teeth per 30mm on the blade. Each Silky blade is defined as having "Extra Large Teeth" to "Extra Fine Teeth" and the icons below are designed to help you identify the teeth configuration of every saw in the Silky range.
Extra Large Teeth
Typically, this saw will be for use in forestry or heavy-duty arborist work. The teeth configuration will range between 3 and 7 teeth per 30mm and will give a very aggressive cut. In general you will be surprised by the smoothness of the cut.
A saw with large teeth will be ideal for use in heavy/medium pruning tasks, root cutting, and construction. The number of teeth will range between 7 and 8 teeth per 30mm. An aggressive and smooth cut will be achieved.
Ideal for pruning work or construction, a medium teeth configuration usually has 10 teeth per 30mm and will give a cleaner finish when compared to larger teeth saws.
These saws are likely to be used for gardening and woodworking, and a fine teeth configuration typically comprises of 13 to 20 teeth per 30mm and will achieve a clean finish.
Extra Fine Teeth
These saws will have very fine teeth ideal for woodworking and carpentry, and range between 20 and 32 teeth per 30mm, and a very smooth finish can be expected.